A simple way of giving other people access to your Analytics App is to send regular emails reports specifically tailored to their needs. You can send reports as a PDF file or as HTML content or as attached CSV file.
In the top bar, click on “Administration”, then in the left menu below “Personal” click the link “Email reports” to view the list of scheduled email reports. Here it is, with two reports that have already been created for this website:
Click ‘Create and Schedule a report’. The form for adding new reports is simple. The first five questions ask for details about where and how the report should be sent. You can select the email report format: HTML, PDF or CSV. You choose what visits are included in the report. By default “Choose a segment” is empty and the email report includes “All Visits”. Alternatively you can select any of your existing Custom Segment and the scheduled report will only include data for the users matching your segment. We’re sending this email report to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com:
Under “Display options” is the option to choose whether the scheduled email report should display:
- report tables for all reports and graphs only for key metrics (default)
- graphs only (no report tables)
- display report tables and graphs for all reports
- display report tables only (no graphs)
- when you choose to include graphs in all reports, then you can select “Show Historical Graphs for the top 5 values” to get a historical graph displayed for each report.
- when evolution graphs are displayed within the report you can also choose whether the graphs show each day within the report’s selected period, or whether to show the evolution over the last periods (for example, the last N weeks for a weekly email report or the last N months for a monthly email report).
The final section lets you select which metrics and reports the email report should include. You can choose any of the metrics and reports Matomo has to offer, and of course you can choose more than one:
When you are ready, click the ‘Update Report’ button at the bottom of the page.
Your new report will be added to the list.